Sunday 10 October 2010

Photography for stop motion animation

This evening with spending so much time at home poorly and having poorly children too I decided to try a little project at home. I set up a space for my camera and got some of my collections of stones and pebbles, with a little bit of moss, a pine cone and one of my daughters toys to try doing some stop motion. This was fun but harder than I thought, certainly on my own. I didn't have any story line or plan of action as I have never done it before so just wanted to see if I could make things look like they were moving. I did achieve this but there were three things moving at the same time on the screen and I tended to forget about one or another and not move it at all.

I think I will actually make a small story board for this and try again before putting any into the computer and using flash. A story board may help me to know exactly what is meant to be moving and when.

At some point in the future when I have mastered this I would like to try combining animation with film footage.. there must be a way of over lapping them some how.. and maybe animate people too..

No comments:

Post a Comment