Sunday 21 November 2010

Sony HDR-FX7 Using it manually instead of in auto.

It might sound silly but these are things I didn't understand. Don't know how I have gathered as much footage as I have with out understanding this. Hopefully now that I'm starting to understand, it should start to improve the footage I collect and make editing much easier.

Shutter speed - Almost always have this set to 50th of a second to prevent blurring.
Only set it lower if you want blurring.
Set it higher if you want sharpness in something for example a glass smashing.
The faster the shutter speed or the higher it is, less light is let in.

Gain - Measured in D.B. Brightens but adds distortion to the image.
False or digital brightening.
Should be kept at 0 unless there isn't enough light



I brought back the camera yesterday after having it from friday to wednesday. I was going to do some test pieces using the camera in manual. I thought I had got my head round the settings and what they were for but when I got round to using the camera I didn't even know how to use the control panel. Friday evening I went to see a film (high on hope) as part of the leeds film festival with Laura. then after I had done home stuff I took the children to see Alice in Wonderland at the Carridgeworks theatre saturday eve and for dinner in the German Market. Monday did book making all day at vernon street and that then left me with tuesday. I played with the camera a little but I didnt know you select things on the control panel by pushing the dial in!!!! This is getting increasingly frustrating now!!! Why is there no fucking manual!!!!! ARRRRGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Stuck because of such a stupid thing. How the hell I did a video I do not know. I realise I have been taking the camera out each time and just turning it on and pressing record. In which case I could of saved myself the trouble of carrying the massive heavy case evry time and just got the smaller camera out. WELL FRUSTRATING. (Thursday 25th)


I HATE TECHNOLOGY WHY AM I EVEN USING IT!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment